WELCOME

For updates, information and contacting instructors "blog"in freguently

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Letter from our graduate


This is Carol (Michele) from the Sept '10 MA class. I thought you might be interested to know what's become of me after graduating from your program. After applying for several jobs, I finally landed one. It's very competitive out there but I found my place working for a small DME company in St. Augustine. My boss, who holds a PhD herself, is impressed with my credential as a CMA.

Things that I learned in your program and I utilize everyday are: Insurance verification (mostly Medicare,) HCPCS, DX codes, CMNs, medical terminology, correspondence, reception, etc. I have my own desk! Something I always wanted. :-) Clinical skills that I use are fitting patients with back braces and instructing them on how to use oximeters, canes, crutches, wheelchairs, and power mobility (powerchairs and scooters.) There is a lot of paperwork involved and I still have lots to learn but I enjoy helping empower people to be more independent and have an improved quality of life.

Anyway, I wanted you to know that MAs can implement what they learn in your course in the DME field too.

I hope you are doing well. If you share my story with Ms.Edwards and Mrs. Robinson, please tell them I said hi.

Take care.

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment